The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is seeking Vietnamese candidates for the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program Winter 2022 Term which begins January 10, 2023.
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) program offers 8-week, online university-level courses for English language teaching professionals developed by U.S. educational institutions.Vietnamese English language teaching professionals who meet the criteria listed below are invited to apply for one of the nine OPEN Global Online Courses (GOCs) to be provided in the Winter 2022 Term. Up to 25 scholarships will be awarded.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2022 at 23:59 (Vietnam time)
Who can apply?
- Be a citizen of Vietnam;
- Be a full time English teacher at a public school/college/university in Vietnam.
- Have not participated in an E-Teacher course or an OPEN Global Online Course for the last three years;
- Be dedicated and promise to complete the fully-funded course, which is valued at approximately $1,500 per participant;
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills (minimum 550 TOEFL, 70 iBT, or CEFR B1 or equivalent; no certificate is required);
- Be living in Vietnam for the entire duration of the course;
- Have regular (4-5 times per week) access to a reliable and up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connection;
- Be able to spend 1-2 hours online per day at the participant’s convenience for the duration of the 8-week course;
- Be willing to enroll in a second or third course if your primary choice is unavailable.
What courses are available?
- Creating and Implementing Online Courses (CIOC) by Arizona State University
- Developing and Teaching Academic Writing Courses by Iowa State University
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME) by University of Oregon
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting (Integrating Critical Thinking) by World Learning
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers by Arizona State University
- Teaching English to Young Learners by George Mason University
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively by World Learning
- TESOL Methodology by University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom (Using Educational Technology) by Iowa State University
See course descriptions at: https://www.openenglishprograms.org/GOC_Information
How to apply?
Submit an online application at https://bit.ly/OPENwinter2022 no later than September 22, 2022 at 23:59 (Vietnam time).
Selected candidates will be notified in October 2022. If you don’t hear from us by the date, please consider to re-apply for future terms.
Source: RELO Vietnam