Application is due in
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is seeking Vietnamese candidates for the OPEN Scholarship for the Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement course which begins January 9, 2024. There are 14 slots for Vietnam.
Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME) is an online course for English language educators or “participants” who want to improve their teaching practices and increase their students’ level of motivation and engagement in learning English. During the 8-week course, participants will learn about key concepts and current practices related to motivation and engagement, student needs analysis, community building, differentiated instruction, collaborative learning, project-based learning, gamification and classroom games, formative assessment, and metacognition. Each participant will create a portfolio of activities and ideas that can contribute to increased student motivation and engagement for English language learning.
Who can apply?
- Be a citizen of Vietnam;
- Be a full time teacher at a public school/college/university in Vietnam.
- Have not participated in an E-Teacher course or an OPEN Global Online Course for the last three years;
- Be dedicated and promise to complete the fully-funded course, which is valued at approximately $1,500 per participant;
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills (minimum 550 TOEFL, 70 iBT, or CEFR B1 or equivalent; no certificate is required);
- Be living in Vietnam for the entire duration of the course;
- Have regular (4-5 times per week) access to a reliable and up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connection;
- Be able to spend 1-2 hours online per day at the participant’s convenience for the duration of the 8-week course;
- Be willing to enroll in a second or third course if your primary choice is unavailable.
How to apply?
Submit an online application at https://bit.ly/FSMEWinter2024 no later than October 25, 2023 at 23:59 (Vietnam time).
Selected candidates will be notified in the first week of Juanuary 2023. If you don’t hear from us by the date, please consider to re-apply for future terms.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
- Ms. Hanh Nguyen, Program Coordinator, Regional English Language Office, U.S. Embassy, Hanoi. Email: nguyenHT4@state.gov, phone: 024-38505000, extension 6225.
- Ms. Nguyen Tran, English Language Coordinator, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, Ho Chi Minh City. Email: TranNNH@state.gov, phone: 028-35204625